We're hiring an accompanist who enjoys playing traditional and contemporary music. Organ skills are not required, but would be enjoyed occasionally...
This position is part-time. Our choir is about 20 members, and our band includes drums, guitars, keyboard and vocal talent. We are located just west of the city of Crystal Lake, Illinois. Feel free to leave a message on the church phone (815-459-1132) or at email@example.com and we will call you back and answer any questions you may have.
Title: Accompanist Status: Part time
Purpose and Position Summary:
Provide primary accompaniment for RCLP’s worship services, choirs, and ensembles.
Accountable to: Supervised by the Director of Music Ministries and accountable to the Session through the Worship Team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Accompany the adult choir at one mid-week rehearsal and during worship Sunday mornings.
- Accompany special services and other season services of the church year such as Christmas Eve (2 services), Christmas Day, Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday and Good Friday.
- Accompany children’s and youth ensembles, and soloists as needed throughout the program year.
- Be prepared to lead and direct music aspects of worship in the absence of the choir director and/or organist
- Work cooperatively with the choir director.
- As able, actively participate in the life of the church giving visibility to RCLPC’s music program.
Credentials and Experience
- Keyboard ability sufficient to play hymns liturgy and easy anthem accompaniments at sight. Be able to accompany from the organ as well.
- Excellent communications skills and team player.
Performance reviews will be conducted annually with the Administration Team. The adequacy of compensation will also be reviewed by the Administration Team.
- Keyboard ability sufficient to play hymns, liturgy, and easy anthem accompaniments at sight. Be able to accompany from the organ as well.
- Bachelor’s degree in music preferred.
- Documented accompanist experience required.
- Knowledge of basic music theory including simple transpositions or harmonizing a melody is desirable.
- Ability to sing and play with accurate pitch and rhythm.